You need a leader to be your guide in music publishing because of our excellent systems and strategies to get you to success.
The business of music publishing is concerned with marketing, developing, managing, protecting and valuing music. It’s diverse and demands a variety of our skills. Music publishers play a vital role in the development of new music and in taking care of the business side, allowing composers and songwriters to concentrate on their creative work.
A music publisher is responsible for ensuring the songwriters and composers receive payment when their compositions are used commercially. Through agreements that address publishing, a songwriter or composer “assigns” the copyright of their composition to us. In return, our company licenses compositions, helps monitor where compositions are used, collects royalties and distributes them to the composers. We also secure payments and commissions for music and promote existing compositions to recording artists, film and television.
We seek out great music, great composers and songwriters; supports composers and songwriters in the creative process; promote their catalogs across a variety of platforms; and manage the business exploitation of the catalogs. This many times includes management and marketing type activity. We step in and book shows, design web sites, distribute and sell music online, handle all administration, reporting, the registration of music, and the collection and onward payment of all due royalties. Lead Alliance generally seeks to protect and enhance the value of their works with passion and professional commitment.
What does a music publisher do?
The business is diverse and demands a variety of skills. The role of a music publisher involves:
- Finding new and talented songwriters and composers and encouraging and supporting them as they develop their skills, whether through helping with their living expenses, providing them with the facilities they need to produce music or offering advice and guidance in writing for particular markets
- Securing commissions for new works and helping to coordinate work flow
- Registering the works of songwriters and composers with all appropriate collecting societies and agencies like ASCAP and BMI
- Producing demo recordings
- Producing and licensing the production of printed music
- Producing promotional materials, graphic design, web sites, banner ads, and more
- Promoting producers and songwriters and their music to venues, performers, broadcasters, record companies and others who use music on a commercial basis, both nationally and internationally
- Licensing the use of music, whether directly in the case of individual and special usages (eg synchronisation deals) or via the collecting society network
- Responding to new licensing opportunities that flow from technological developments
- Monitoring and tracking the use of the music you own and ensuring that proper payment is made for all licensed uses
- Making royalty payments to songwriters and producers in respect of the usage of their music
- Taking appropriate action against anyone using music without the necessary licence